Eight killed in Syrian attacks
Damascus: At least eight people were killed on Thursday in separate explosions and mortar attacks in Syria, as the country`s Army regained control over three towns in the strategic city of al-Qussair, Xinhua reported.
One man was killed when a mortar shell struck Damascus` suburb of Harasta, reported local media, adding that two men were killed when two explosive devices went off in Busra al- Harir town in Daraa province.
In Damascus` suburb of Kanaker, five people were killed when an explosive device ripped through a house that was used as storage of explosive devices by the rebels. The deceased were in nearby houses affected by the blast.
Meanwhile, the Syrian Army has regained three towns in al-Qussair in central Syria, namely Brak, Jawadieh and Arjoun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says