Eight killed in Syrian attacks
Damascus: At least eight people were killed on Thursday in separate explosions and mortar attacks in Syria, as the country`s Army regained control over three towns in the strategic city of al-Qussair, Xinhua reported.
One man was killed when a mortar shell struck Damascus` suburb of Harasta, reported local media, adding that two men were killed when two explosive devices went off in Busra al- Harir town in Daraa province.
In Damascus` suburb of Kanaker, five people were killed when an explosive device ripped through a house that was used as storage of explosive devices by the rebels. The deceased were in nearby houses affected by the blast.
Meanwhile, the Syrian Army has regained three towns in al-Qussair in central Syria, namely Brak, Jawadieh and Arjoun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon