El Salvador to recognise Honduras` new government
San Salvador: Salvadoran President Mauricio Funes says he will re-establish ties with neighbouring Honduras when president-elect Porfirio Lobo is sworn into office.
Funes says "we will start the process of normalising relations" following Lobo`s inauguration on Wednesday. Funes was elected on the ticket of the leftist FMLN party formed by former Salvadoran rebels.
The term of ousted president Manuel Zelaya ends on Wednesday.
Some Latin American nations do not recognise Lobo`s victory in November elections, because the vote was held under the interim government that replaced Zelaya.
A leader of Honduras` congress says lawmakers will start considering a bill on Tuesday to grant an amnesty to those involved in the June 28 coup that removed Zelaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!