ElBaradei mulls alliance with conservative Muslim Brotherhood
Cairo: Mohammed ElBaradei, a leading
campaigner for democratic reform in Egypt, today indicated a
possible partnership with the conservative Muslim Brotherhood
in order to bring changes in the country.
The former chief of the UN nuclear watchdog said his
National Association for Change was considering to join hands
with the Muslim Brotherhood - Egypt`s strongest opposition
force - to encourage political reform in the country.
Terming the recent parliamentary elections as a
"farce", the Nobel Peace Prize laureate called for a boycott
of next year`s presidential poll.
He also warned that there could be "violence" if the
government tried to repress pro-reform demonstrations. The
authorities must understand that "it is our right to march in
peaceful demonstrations to demand change", ElBaradei said in a
video posted on the social network site Facebook.
President Hosni Mubarak`s National Democratic Party
had won about 80 per cent of the parliamentary seats in the
recently held elections. Opposition parties alleged widespread
fraud in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof