Eleven dead in new Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least 11 people were killed on Wednesday in twin attacks in Iraq, reports said.
While eight people died in a car bombing at a market in the town of Zubaidiyah in the eastern province of Wasit, three others were assassinated in Baghdad.
Some 20 others were also wounded in the car bomb explosion, an Interior Ministry source said.
The attack took place at about 9:15 am local time (0615 GMT) when a booby trapped car parked at a busy popular market in the town of Zubaidiyah, some 100 km southeast of Baghdad, the source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
Iraqi security forces sealed off the scene as ambulances and civilian cars evacuated the victims to the town`s hospital, the source said.
The attack came a day after a series of deadly attacks across the country killed some 35 people and wounded 114 others, including the 25 killed and 75 wounded by a truck bombing at a popular marketplace in the southern city of Diwaniyah.
High-profile bomb attacks still take place in the Iraqi cities despite the dramatic decrease of violence since its peak in 2006 and 2007 when the country was engulfed in sectarian.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!