Eleven dead in new Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least 11 people were killed on Wednesday in twin attacks in Iraq, reports said.
While eight people died in a car bombing at a market in the town of Zubaidiyah in the eastern province of Wasit, three others were assassinated in Baghdad.
Some 20 others were also wounded in the car bomb explosion, an Interior Ministry source said.
The attack took place at about 9:15 am local time (0615 GMT) when a booby trapped car parked at a busy popular market in the town of Zubaidiyah, some 100 km southeast of Baghdad, the source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
Iraqi security forces sealed off the scene as ambulances and civilian cars evacuated the victims to the town`s hospital, the source said.
The attack came a day after a series of deadly attacks across the country killed some 35 people and wounded 114 others, including the 25 killed and 75 wounded by a truck bombing at a popular marketplace in the southern city of Diwaniyah.
High-profile bomb attacks still take place in the Iraqi cities despite the dramatic decrease of violence since its peak in 2006 and 2007 when the country was engulfed in sectarian.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened