Empire State Building shooting: ‘9 wounded by police gunfire`
Washington: The nine people who were injured in a shooting incident outside Empire State Building were wounded by police gunfire, Ray Kelly, NYPD Commissioner said on Saturday, as per CNN report.
The shooting incident took place outside Empire State Building on Friday in which the gunman, Jeffrey Johnson killed a co-worker, Steven Ercolino, whom he blamed for costing him his job. Once the victim arrived, he put a gun to the executive`s head and fired five times, then walked off with his briefcase into the morning rush of midtown Manhattan.
Johnson was walking rapidly down the street trailed by two police officers when he stopped, wheeled around and pulled out a gun.
Police officers fired a total of 16 rounds at Johnson after he tried to shoot the police officers, as per authorities. The concerning officers are being probed in the matter.
In the gunfire, three victims suffered gunshot wounds, while the remaining six were hit by fragments.
Johnson had worked as a designer of women`s accessories at apparel firm Hazan Imports for six years. He was laid off from his job a year ago when the company underwent downsizing.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh