English football team are al Qaeda’s next target?
London: Preston North End manager Graham Westley left his players bewildered after he sent a late-night text asking them to be prepared for a 9/11-style terror attack.
He said that their hotel is being targeted by al Qaeda before their crunch game with Yeovil, which they lost 2-1 on Saturday.
“In view of the must win game tomorrow beware of the low flying aircrafts as we are in a very high hotel which will be a target for al quaeda leaders (sic),” the Sun quoted his text message as saying.
“If we come under attack we must stick together and keep evolving as a team and bring pain on them. Make sure u have right footwear on incase of such events,” he said.
The bizarre message left the League One Club’s players confused.
“Nobody is quite sure what to make of it. They don’t know if it is meant as a joke or what,” a source said.
“It is a very odd thing to say. They can’t work the gaffer out - they all think he’s lost the plot,” the source added.
Last week Westley - who joined Preston from Stevenage earlier this month - dropped four players from the team in a 2 am text.
He apologised for delivering the news so late, claiming it had taken a long time to add all the players’ numbers to his phone’s address book.
“I have always communicated in different ways and I have no plans to stop,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!