Envelope containing anthrax mailed to Berlusconi paper
Milan: An envelope containing suspected anthrax spores was mailed to the Milan office of the Il Giornale newspaper, owned by the brother of former premier Silvio Berlusconi.
An office secretary who opened the envelope was sent for medical tests for possible anthrax exposure, the Il Giornale said on its website.
The whitish-grey powder inside the envelope was due to undergo laboratory analysis, the paper said.
A letter sent with the powder contained death threats against Berlusconi and Italy`s President Giorgio Napolitano, and was signed by the "People`s Armed Defence Group", Il Giornale said.
A similar envelope also arrived earlier this week at the office of the Corriere della Sera daily in Milan.
Il Giornale is owned by Berlusconi`s brother Paolo Berlusconi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad