Escort linked to Italian PM `gang-raped`
Bari: The escort who revealed she spent the night with Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has claimed she was held prisoner and gang-raped by a businessman and two other guests at his villa.
Patrizia D`Addario alleges local businessman and chairman of a minor league soccer team, Salvatore De Lorenzis, held her against her will at the villa in the southern Puglia region from Monday to Thursday.
High on drugs, De Lorenzis repeatedly attacked her together with two other guests and filmed the rapes, D`Addario alleges.
De Lorenzis took her mobile phone and tape-recorder before driving her to the rail station in the southern city of Lecce, she said.
De Lorenzis has dismissed D`Addario`s allegations as falsehoods.
"She`s a total madwoman, a drug addict and a prostitute. It`s all complete lies, she`s just blackmailing me like she did Berlusconi," he told the Telerama local radio station in a phone interview.
Prosecutors have opened a probe into the case after D`Addario arrived at a police station in Lecce on Thursday in an apparently confused and distraught state. She declined a medical check-up, however.
De Lorenzis owns a video gaming company and is getting divorced from actress and Italian Big Brother contestant Carolina Marconi. He is also chairman of the Puglian soccer team Racale.
D`Addario sparked a major scandal last year when she taped her encounter with Berlusconi and released it to the press. She claimed he had failed to deliver on a promise to help her with a building development in her hometown of Bari.
Berlusconi, 73, admitted having sex with D`Addario but said he had never paid a woman for sex and didn`t know she was an escort.
After her disclosures, D`Addario reported that her apartment was ransacked and items removed from it, including her computer, documents and underwear. She has also claimed to have received several threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'