Espionage network in Egypt working for Israel
Cairo: An espionage network working for
Israel has been identified in Egypt, a top official of the country has said.
Main member of the network Ziad Hussien has travelled a
number of times to Israel and was trained by Israeli
intelligence, Egypt`s prosecutor general Abd-al-Megeid Mahmud
The main activity of the network was to interfere in the
path of phones calls made by influential figures in Egypt and
transfer them to Israel.
Members of the network had communication offices in the
Cairo suburb of Maadi, he said.
Last week news sites had reported that employees of
Egyptian cellular service provider Mobinil were allegedly
eavesdropping on phone calls of Egyptian ministers and later
selling the information they obtained but the company
categorically denied such claims.
Meanwhile Egyptian authorities have also nabbed a local
businessman Tarek Hassan on charges of spying. Hassan has been
accused of searching people working for telecommunication
companies in the Egypt, Syria and Lebanon who could could spy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday