ETA floats possibility of disarming in interview
Madrid: Spokesmen for the Basque separatist group ETA have floated the possibility that the group could disarm in an interview with a newspaper that acts as a mouthpiece for ETA.
The newspaper Gara reported on its website on Thursday night that two unnamed spokesmen for the group said "disarming is on the agenda" of the group. That`s a key demand from Spain`s government.
ETA three weeks ago pledged to stop using weapons in its drive for a Basque state — but stopped short of saying it would disarm.
Gara said it would publish the entire interview on Friday.
ETA has killed 829 people since the late 1960s in bombings and shootings to force the creation of a Basque homeland in northern Spain and southwest France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation