ETA floats possibility of disarming in interview
Madrid: Spokesmen for the Basque separatist group ETA have floated the possibility that the group could disarm in an interview with a newspaper that acts as a mouthpiece for ETA.
The newspaper Gara reported on its website on Thursday night that two unnamed spokesmen for the group said "disarming is on the agenda" of the group. That`s a key demand from Spain`s government.
ETA three weeks ago pledged to stop using weapons in its drive for a Basque state — but stopped short of saying it would disarm.
Gara said it would publish the entire interview on Friday.
ETA has killed 829 people since the late 1960s in bombings and shootings to force the creation of a Basque homeland in northern Spain and southwest France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details