ETA floats possibility of disarming in interview
Madrid: Spokesmen for the Basque separatist group ETA have floated the possibility that the group could disarm in an interview with a newspaper that acts as a mouthpiece for ETA.
The newspaper Gara reported on its website on Thursday night that two unnamed spokesmen for the group said "disarming is on the agenda" of the group. That`s a key demand from Spain`s government.
ETA three weeks ago pledged to stop using weapons in its drive for a Basque state — but stopped short of saying it would disarm.
Gara said it would publish the entire interview on Friday.
ETA has killed 829 people since the late 1960s in bombings and shootings to force the creation of a Basque homeland in northern Spain and southwest France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic