Ethiopia denies reports of PM`s grave illness
Addis Ababa: A government spokesman says Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi is in "very good health" and will return to office in a few days.
The statement on Thursday follows reports that the longtime ruler is in life-threatening condition in a Belgian hospital.
Bereket Simon, the country`s communications minister, says Meles is following his doctor`s advice to rest after suffering from exhaustion that Bereket said was a result of long years of service without a break.
The spokesman declined to provide more details on what the prime minister suffers from or how long he has sought treatment. He did say the medical condition was "a recent phenomenon”.
Meles has ruled Ethiopia since 1991.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city