Ethiopia denies reports of PM`s grave illness
Addis Ababa: A government spokesman says Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi is in "very good health" and will return to office in a few days.
The statement on Thursday follows reports that the longtime ruler is in life-threatening condition in a Belgian hospital.
Bereket Simon, the country`s communications minister, says Meles is following his doctor`s advice to rest after suffering from exhaustion that Bereket said was a result of long years of service without a break.
The spokesman declined to provide more details on what the prime minister suffers from or how long he has sought treatment. He did say the medical condition was "a recent phenomenon”.
Meles has ruled Ethiopia since 1991.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife