Ethiopian plane crash: US helping in search, rescue, recovery
Washington: Expressing condolences to the people who died in the Ethiopian Airlines plane crash, the United States has said it is providing assistance in search, rescue and recovery efforts.
"On behalf of the American people, the United States extends its deepest sympathies and condolences to the loved ones of those lost aboard Ethiopian Airlines Flight 409," Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs PJ Crowley said in a statement.
The US Government has have been in contact with the Lebanese and Ethiopian governments to offer assistance, he said.
"As per the request of Lebanese Prime Minister Hariri, we are providing US assistance in the search, rescue and recovery efforts. The US will continue to do all it can to support the people of Lebanon and Ethiopia in the face of this tragedy," Crowley said.
All 90 people on board Ethiopian Airlines plane were killed when the aircraft exploded into flames and crashed into the sea about 30 minutes after taking off from the Beirut airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more