Ethnic Indian politician withdraws plea against PPP leader
Kuala Lumpur: An ethnic Indian politician in Malaysia has withdrawn his plea for a judicial review challenging a decision which declared M Kayveas as President of the People`s Progressive Party, a component of the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition.
In December 2009, Deputy Minister in Prime Minister`s
Department T Murugiah had succeeded in his bid for a court
order to challenge Registrar of Societies decision that his
sacking from PPP was valid.
High Court (Appellate and Special Powers) Justice
Alizatul Khair Osman Khairuddin had also granted Murugiah
leave to quash an August 26 decision by the ROS over the
invalidity of an extraordinary general meeting held by party
members, which had "appointed" him as PPP president.
PPP is a component of the ruling coalition of Barisan
In his application, Murugiah sought an order of
certiorari to quash the ROS` decision on August 26 and a
declaration that the respondent has no jurisdiction under the
Societies Act to make any decision over the validity of his
sacking by PPP, Star newspaper said today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India