Etna volcano erupts, lighting up sky over Sicily
Rome: Mount Etna, Europe`s most active volcano, has erupted again, lighting up the sky over much of eastern Sicily and shooting up a towering column of ash.
The eruption, which began late yesterday and tapered off today morning, didn`t endanger any of villages dotting the mountain`s slopes, and no evacuation was ordered.
The airport in nearby Catania said two air space sectors above the volcano were closed to flights, but that the airport itself was operating normally, including takeoffs and departures.
Etna erupts occasionally. Its last major eruption occurred in 1992.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery