EU gives green light to Croatia
Brussels: The EU Commission has given the green light on Friday for Croatia to join the union, with membership likely to start in 2013, the European Union justice chief said.
EU Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso said he would recommend the EU nations to wrap up talks and prepare to welcome Croatia as the 28th member state.
The Commission said the negotiations with the Balkan nation could be wrapped because talks on reforming the Croatian judiciary have been successful. The EU leaders now have to officially approve Croatia`s membership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'