EU questions U.S. over alleged spying: Media reports
Brussels: The European Union (EU) said it has questioned U.S. authorities about alleged spying on EU offices, media reports said on Sunday.
The EU has contacted with U.S. authorities immediately and demands "full clarification" after a report made by German weekly Der Spiegel claimed that Washington bugged EU offices in Brussels and the U.S., an EU statement was quoted as saying.
Washington has not responded to the questioning yet, according to the reports, adding that the Der Spiegel said on Sunday its report was based on confidential documents, some of which it had been managed to consult via fugitive ex-CIA analyst Edward Snowden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake