EU slaps sanctions on 13 more Belarus officials
Brussels: The European Union has imposed
sanctions on 13 more Belarus officials as part of the bloc`s efforts to punish the crackdown on the opposition by the authoritarian Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko.
The 27 EU foreign affairs ministers agreed today to
impose an asset freeze and visa ban on the officials. The EU
had already placed 156 top Belarus officials on a sanctions
list in the wake of flawed Dec 19 elections.
Two former Belarusian presidential candidates were
handed suspended sentences Friday on charges of organizing
riots after last year`s disputed election in this ex-Soviet
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack