EU slaps sanctions on 13 more Belarus officials
Brussels: The European Union has imposed
sanctions on 13 more Belarus officials as part of the bloc`s efforts to punish the crackdown on the opposition by the authoritarian Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko.
The 27 EU foreign affairs ministers agreed today to
impose an asset freeze and visa ban on the officials. The EU
had already placed 156 top Belarus officials on a sanctions
list in the wake of flawed Dec 19 elections.
Two former Belarusian presidential candidates were
handed suspended sentences Friday on charges of organizing
riots after last year`s disputed election in this ex-Soviet
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside