EU support of sanctions is `foolish`: Iran leader
Tehran: Iran`s top leader says European countries are "foolish" to support sanctions against Tehran, telling them they are sacrificing themselves for the sake of the United States.
Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei admitted that sanctions have caused problems but said the Islamic Republic will overcome the difficulties, and that Europeans are facing far more complicated economic problems than Iranians. His speech in the northeastern city of Bojnourd was broadcast on state TV today.
The EU imposed an oil embargo against Iran in July, adding to US-led sanctions that also prohibit the world`s banks from completing oil transactions with Iranian banks and further complicate Iran`s ability to conduct international commerce.
The sanctions are imposed over Iran`s nuclear program. The West accuses Iran of seeking to develop weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence