EU support of sanctions is `foolish`: Iran leader
Tehran: Iran`s top leader says European countries are "foolish" to support sanctions against Tehran, telling them they are sacrificing themselves for the sake of the United States.
Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei admitted that sanctions have caused problems but said the Islamic Republic will overcome the difficulties, and that Europeans are facing far more complicated economic problems than Iranians. His speech in the northeastern city of Bojnourd was broadcast on state TV today.
The EU imposed an oil embargo against Iran in July, adding to US-led sanctions that also prohibit the world`s banks from completing oil transactions with Iranian banks and further complicate Iran`s ability to conduct international commerce.
The sanctions are imposed over Iran`s nuclear program. The West accuses Iran of seeking to develop weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?