Euro police nab 17 after FBI child sex-abuse probe
The Hague: Seventeen people were arrested in
Britain, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands after an
online child pornography sting, policing agency Europol said
"After more than a year of investigations in the member
states, 37 child sex offenders have been identified," the
Hague-based agency said.
"Among these offenders, 17 were arrested for child sexual
molestation and production of illegal content," it added in a
"Operation Atlantic" was conducted by the FBI in
collaboration with several European countries during the last
12 months, Europol`s spokesman Soren Pedersen said.
"Intelligence gathered by the FBI during a long and
complex investigation was distributed by Europol to Britain,
France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands in December 2010,"
the press release added.
It was the first time Europol and the FBI cooperated in an
investigation into Internet child sex abuse.
Last year in December, Europol said police in 22 European
countries swooped on 112 suspects in "Operation Icarus" for
allegedly sharing video material and images of children being
subjected to the "most extreme form of sexual abuse".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH