Euro police nab 17 after FBI child sex-abuse probe
The Hague: Seventeen people were arrested in
Britain, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands after an
online child pornography sting, policing agency Europol said
"After more than a year of investigations in the member
states, 37 child sex offenders have been identified," the
Hague-based agency said.
"Among these offenders, 17 were arrested for child sexual
molestation and production of illegal content," it added in a
"Operation Atlantic" was conducted by the FBI in
collaboration with several European countries during the last
12 months, Europol`s spokesman Soren Pedersen said.
"Intelligence gathered by the FBI during a long and
complex investigation was distributed by Europol to Britain,
France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands in December 2010,"
the press release added.
It was the first time Europol and the FBI cooperated in an
investigation into Internet child sex abuse.
Last year in December, Europol said police in 22 European
countries swooped on 112 suspects in "Operation Icarus" for
allegedly sharing video material and images of children being
subjected to the "most extreme form of sexual abuse".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city