Europe failing passport checks: Interpol
London: The head of Interpol is in London for talks with security officials after raising concerns about passport checks in Europe.
Ron Noble, secretary-general of the international police agency based in France, has criticised European countries for failing to check passports against an international database of lost and stolen travel documents. He says some 500 million flights were not screened against the Interpol database last year.
The criticism comes ahead of London`s summer Olympics.
Noble also has said his agency has documented illicit trafficking of nuclear materials in more than 2,500 cases. He`s urging countries to cooperate in data sharing so the materials don`t fall into the hands of terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday