Europe failing passport checks: Interpol
London: The head of Interpol is in London for talks with security officials after raising concerns about passport checks in Europe.
Ron Noble, secretary-general of the international police agency based in France, has criticised European countries for failing to check passports against an international database of lost and stolen travel documents. He says some 500 million flights were not screened against the Interpol database last year.
The criticism comes ahead of London`s summer Olympics.
Noble also has said his agency has documented illicit trafficking of nuclear materials in more than 2,500 cases. He`s urging countries to cooperate in data sharing so the materials don`t fall into the hands of terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III