Europe failing passport checks: Interpol
London: The head of Interpol is in London for talks with security officials after raising concerns about passport checks in Europe.
Ron Noble, secretary-general of the international police agency based in France, has criticised European countries for failing to check passports against an international database of lost and stolen travel documents. He says some 500 million flights were not screened against the Interpol database last year.
The criticism comes ahead of London`s summer Olympics.
Noble also has said his agency has documented illicit trafficking of nuclear materials in more than 2,500 cases. He`s urging countries to cooperate in data sharing so the materials don`t fall into the hands of terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi