Europe failing passport checks: Interpol
London: The head of Interpol is in London for talks with security officials after raising concerns about passport checks in Europe.
Ron Noble, secretary-general of the international police agency based in France, has criticised European countries for failing to check passports against an international database of lost and stolen travel documents. He says some 500 million flights were not screened against the Interpol database last year.
The criticism comes ahead of London`s summer Olympics.
Noble also has said his agency has documented illicit trafficking of nuclear materials in more than 2,500 cases. He`s urging countries to cooperate in data sharing so the materials don`t fall into the hands of terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon