Europe failing passport checks: Interpol
London: The head of Interpol is in London for talks with security officials after raising concerns about passport checks in Europe.
Ron Noble, secretary-general of the international police agency based in France, has criticised European countries for failing to check passports against an international database of lost and stolen travel documents. He says some 500 million flights were not screened against the Interpol database last year.
The criticism comes ahead of London`s summer Olympics.
Noble also has said his agency has documented illicit trafficking of nuclear materials in more than 2,500 cases. He`s urging countries to cooperate in data sharing so the materials don`t fall into the hands of terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio