Europe ignoring rise of `fascism` in Ukraine: Russia
Moscow: Russia on Wednesday accused Europe of ignoring the rise of "fascism" in Ukraine and demanded a full investigation into the death of dozens of pro-Kremlin activists in Odessa violence last week.
"For many years, Europe has been turning a blind eye to how fascism has been gaining new supporters, how its proponents are recruiting new followers," news agencies quoted Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov as saying at a public reception in Moscow.
"What happened in Odessa on May 2 is pure fascism," said Lavrov.
"We will not allow the facts to be swept under the carpet, as the ruling coalition is now trying to do."
A blaze at a trade union building in the southern Ukrainian port city left 42 people dead -- mostly pro-Russian militants -- after running battles with supporters of the new government in Kiev.
Ukraine`s pro-Western interim Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenkyuk has accused Russia of planning the riots that resulted in the deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3