Europe ignoring rise of `fascism` in Ukraine: Russia
Moscow: Russia on Wednesday accused Europe of ignoring the rise of "fascism" in Ukraine and demanded a full investigation into the death of dozens of pro-Kremlin activists in Odessa violence last week.
"For many years, Europe has been turning a blind eye to how fascism has been gaining new supporters, how its proponents are recruiting new followers," news agencies quoted Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov as saying at a public reception in Moscow.
"What happened in Odessa on May 2 is pure fascism," said Lavrov.
"We will not allow the facts to be swept under the carpet, as the ruling coalition is now trying to do."
A blaze at a trade union building in the southern Ukrainian port city left 42 people dead -- mostly pro-Russian militants -- after running battles with supporters of the new government in Kiev.
Ukraine`s pro-Western interim Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenkyuk has accused Russia of planning the riots that resulted in the deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands