`Europe must be sensitive to Greek people`
Luxembourg: Europe must be more "sensitive" to the Greek people and take steps to help revive the country`s economy, according to French Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici.
Speaking to reporters after arriving for the eurozone finance ministers` meeting, Moscovici said: "While Greece will have to honour its commitments, Europe has to be sensitive to the feelings of the Greek people and take measures to boost the country`s economy."
Eurozone finance ministers and officials met on Thursday for discussing a bailout for Spanish banks and the way ahead for Greece`s emergency lending programme.
The comments came a day after a three-party coalition government was formed in Athens following Sunday`s second round of Parliamentary Election, which promised to negotiate softer terms on its harsh international bailout programme, Xinhua reported.
"Efforts must be made, but at the same time we have to create conditions for hope. That`s what the euro must be about," Moscovici added.
The French finance minister`s remarks reflected a growing willingness among many European leaders to ease the terms of the bailout programme and help the Greek economy, which is on course to the fifth year of recession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic