`Europe must be sensitive to Greek people`
Luxembourg: Europe must be more "sensitive" to the Greek people and take steps to help revive the country`s economy, according to French Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici.
Speaking to reporters after arriving for the eurozone finance ministers` meeting, Moscovici said: "While Greece will have to honour its commitments, Europe has to be sensitive to the feelings of the Greek people and take measures to boost the country`s economy."
Eurozone finance ministers and officials met on Thursday for discussing a bailout for Spanish banks and the way ahead for Greece`s emergency lending programme.
The comments came a day after a three-party coalition government was formed in Athens following Sunday`s second round of Parliamentary Election, which promised to negotiate softer terms on its harsh international bailout programme, Xinhua reported.
"Efforts must be made, but at the same time we have to create conditions for hope. That`s what the euro must be about," Moscovici added.
The French finance minister`s remarks reflected a growing willingness among many European leaders to ease the terms of the bailout programme and help the Greek economy, which is on course to the fifth year of recession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing