Europe`s biggest Hindu temple in Netherlands
Brussels: The biggest Hindu temple complex in Europe - consisting of three temples, residential areas and tourist spots - is going to be built in the Dutch city of The Hague.
Three Hindu groups would be building three temples on a site behind the Hollands Spoor railway station, EuAsiaNews reported citing the Netherlands` Trouw newspaper.
The complex will include 45 apartments and is set to open in 2014. There would be rooms for yoga and meditation and tourist spots for foreign guests.
The residential towers are also open to non-Hindus.
The Hague council member Rajesh Ramnewash has designed the plan.
Some one percent of people living in the Netherlands are Hindus. The Hindu community also accounts for the largest immigrant group in the Hague, according to Trouw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation