Europe`s biggest Hindu temple in Netherlands
Brussels: The biggest Hindu temple complex in Europe - consisting of three temples, residential areas and tourist spots - is going to be built in the Dutch city of The Hague.
Three Hindu groups would be building three temples on a site behind the Hollands Spoor railway station, EuAsiaNews reported citing the Netherlands` Trouw newspaper.
The complex will include 45 apartments and is set to open in 2014. There would be rooms for yoga and meditation and tourist spots for foreign guests.
The residential towers are also open to non-Hindus.
The Hague council member Rajesh Ramnewash has designed the plan.
Some one percent of people living in the Netherlands are Hindus. The Hindu community also accounts for the largest immigrant group in the Hague, according to Trouw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding