Europe`s cold closes zoo outside Paris
Thoiry: A count who operates a zoological park on the grounds of his chateau outside Paris says some of his animals just can`t take the cold this winter.
Paul de la Panouse wasn`t surprised to see his ostriches and giraffes prefer the indoors, given where they come from. But even the elephant couldn`t take Europe`s brutal cold snap, despite its thick hide.
So Parc de Thoiry has been closed for five days, even though the bears, hippos, tigers and zebras couldn`t care less and are happily prowling the 370-acre (150 hectare) grounds, including its frozen lakes.
"Ice skating," he said, regarding his giraffes and ostriches, "it`s not for them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief