Europe`s cold closes zoo outside Paris
Thoiry: A count who operates a zoological park on the grounds of his chateau outside Paris says some of his animals just can`t take the cold this winter.
Paul de la Panouse wasn`t surprised to see his ostriches and giraffes prefer the indoors, given where they come from. But even the elephant couldn`t take Europe`s brutal cold snap, despite its thick hide.
So Parc de Thoiry has been closed for five days, even though the bears, hippos, tigers and zebras couldn`t care less and are happily prowling the 370-acre (150 hectare) grounds, including its frozen lakes.
"Ice skating," he said, regarding his giraffes and ostriches, "it`s not for them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family