Ex-Argentine military ruler gets life term
Buenos Aires: Former military ruler Reynaldo Bignone has been handed a life term by a court in Argentina in connection with a case involving crimes against humanity committed during the 1980s.
Bignone, 85, who was in power when the crimes took place, is already serving three other jail terms for similar crimes, the BBC reported.
The court had earlier convicted Bignone and four other ex-soldiers of crimes against 23 victims, including seven pregnant women who disappeared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof