Ex-Argentine military ruler gets life term
Buenos Aires: Former military ruler Reynaldo Bignone has been handed a life term by a court in Argentina in connection with a case involving crimes against humanity committed during the 1980s.
Bignone, 85, who was in power when the crimes took place, is already serving three other jail terms for similar crimes, the BBC reported.
The court had earlier convicted Bignone and four other ex-soldiers of crimes against 23 victims, including seven pregnant women who disappeared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet