Ex-Argentine military ruler gets life term
Buenos Aires: Former military ruler Reynaldo Bignone has been handed a life term by a court in Argentina in connection with a case involving crimes against humanity committed during the 1980s.
Bignone, 85, who was in power when the crimes took place, is already serving three other jail terms for similar crimes, the BBC reported.
The court had earlier convicted Bignone and four other ex-soldiers of crimes against 23 victims, including seven pregnant women who disappeared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply