Ex-Argentine military ruler gets life term
Buenos Aires: Former military ruler Reynaldo Bignone has been handed a life term by a court in Argentina in connection with a case involving crimes against humanity committed during the 1980s.
Bignone, 85, who was in power when the crimes took place, is already serving three other jail terms for similar crimes, the BBC reported.
The court had earlier convicted Bignone and four other ex-soldiers of crimes against 23 victims, including seven pregnant women who disappeared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city