Ex-Army general is Pak`s new envoy in Lanka
Colombo: Qasim Qureshi, a retired Pakistani Major General, who has served in PoK, arrived in Colombo on Wednesday to take charge as Islamabad`s new High Commissioner in Sri Lanka.
Qureshi had joined Pakistan Army in 1972, and had retired from active service in October 2009.
Qureshi has held various important assignments such as Commander Infantry brigade in PoK between 1998-2000, Chief of Staff, Army Strategic Force Command in 2000-2001, Director Operations and Plans at Strategic Plans Division in 2003-04.
He has also been Commander Infantry Division from 2004 to 2006, DG National Accountability Bureau Punjab in 2006-07, and DG Operations and Plans at Joint Staff Headquarters in 2008-09.
Since retirement he has been involved in various initiatives including Pakistan-US Strategic Dialogue, Ottawa Dialogue, exploring new nuclear CBMs between India and Pakistan and India-Pakistan Military to Military Dialogue, exploring conventional CMBs between India and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui