Ex-Army general is Pak`s new envoy in Lanka
Colombo: Qasim Qureshi, a retired Pakistani Major General, who has served in PoK, arrived in Colombo on Wednesday to take charge as Islamabad`s new High Commissioner in Sri Lanka.
Qureshi had joined Pakistan Army in 1972, and had retired from active service in October 2009.
Qureshi has held various important assignments such as Commander Infantry brigade in PoK between 1998-2000, Chief of Staff, Army Strategic Force Command in 2000-2001, Director Operations and Plans at Strategic Plans Division in 2003-04.
He has also been Commander Infantry Division from 2004 to 2006, DG National Accountability Bureau Punjab in 2006-07, and DG Operations and Plans at Joint Staff Headquarters in 2008-09.
Since retirement he has been involved in various initiatives including Pakistan-US Strategic Dialogue, Ottawa Dialogue, exploring new nuclear CBMs between India and Pakistan and India-Pakistan Military to Military Dialogue, exploring conventional CMBs between India and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH