`Ex-British minister may attend Rouhani`s inauguration`
Tehran: Former British foreign secretary Jack Straw may attend Hassan Rouhani`s inauguration ceremony, an advisor to the Iranian President-elect has said.
"It is possible that Mr Straw, who previously showed an interest to travel to Iran, would be invited to the incoming (inauguration) ceremony" of Rouhani, reported Xinhua citing Morteza Bank as saying on Thursday.
Earlier this month, Straw told the BBC that he was "more hopeful" about the incoming President to help resolve the country`s nuclear issue.
Rouhani won the Presidential Election on June 14 by garnering 50.71 percent of the votes. He will take office in early August to succeed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has been ruling Iran for eight years.
On Tuesday, Iran Foreign Ministry spokesperson Abbas Araqchi told reporters that his country welcomes Straw`s plan to visit Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill