`Ex-British minister may attend Rouhani`s inauguration`
Tehran: Former British foreign secretary Jack Straw may attend Hassan Rouhani`s inauguration ceremony, an advisor to the Iranian President-elect has said.
"It is possible that Mr Straw, who previously showed an interest to travel to Iran, would be invited to the incoming (inauguration) ceremony" of Rouhani, reported Xinhua citing Morteza Bank as saying on Thursday.
Earlier this month, Straw told the BBC that he was "more hopeful" about the incoming President to help resolve the country`s nuclear issue.
Rouhani won the Presidential Election on June 14 by garnering 50.71 percent of the votes. He will take office in early August to succeed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has been ruling Iran for eight years.
On Tuesday, Iran Foreign Ministry spokesperson Abbas Araqchi told reporters that his country welcomes Straw`s plan to visit Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed