Ex-CNN host Rick Sanchez says he `screwed up`
New York: Recently fired CNN host Rick Sanchez
apologised on Friday for his slams at the cable news network and
at the host of the news satire "The Daily Show", Jon Stewart,
whom he had called a "bigot".
In an interview with ABC television today, Sanchez
explained the remarks, which were aired on a radio program on
He was tired when he made the radio appearance, and that
"my daughter had a softball game I desperately wanted to go
to, and I was a little impatient. I said some things I
shouldn`t have said. They were wrong. Not only were they
wrong, they were offensive."
A day later, he was out of a job.
He has no beef with Stewart or with CNN, he insisted,
although, when pressed by the ABC interviewer, Sanchez seemed
to still be chafing from ill treatment.
"Is that really fair? Why is it always me?" he said,
trying to account for his response on past occasions when
Stewart singled him out for lampooning on `The Daily Show`, a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city