Ex-CNN host Rick Sanchez says he `screwed up`
New York: Recently fired CNN host Rick Sanchez
apologised on Friday for his slams at the cable news network and
at the host of the news satire "The Daily Show", Jon Stewart,
whom he had called a "bigot".
In an interview with ABC television today, Sanchez
explained the remarks, which were aired on a radio program on
He was tired when he made the radio appearance, and that
"my daughter had a softball game I desperately wanted to go
to, and I was a little impatient. I said some things I
shouldn`t have said. They were wrong. Not only were they
wrong, they were offensive."
A day later, he was out of a job.
He has no beef with Stewart or with CNN, he insisted,
although, when pressed by the ABC interviewer, Sanchez seemed
to still be chafing from ill treatment.
"Is that really fair? Why is it always me?" he said,
trying to account for his response on past occasions when
Stewart singled him out for lampooning on `The Daily Show`, a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country