Ex-CNN host Rick Sanchez says he `screwed up`
New York: Recently fired CNN host Rick Sanchez
apologised on Friday for his slams at the cable news network and
at the host of the news satire "The Daily Show", Jon Stewart,
whom he had called a "bigot".
In an interview with ABC television today, Sanchez
explained the remarks, which were aired on a radio program on
He was tired when he made the radio appearance, and that
"my daughter had a softball game I desperately wanted to go
to, and I was a little impatient. I said some things I
shouldn`t have said. They were wrong. Not only were they
wrong, they were offensive."
A day later, he was out of a job.
He has no beef with Stewart or with CNN, he insisted,
although, when pressed by the ABC interviewer, Sanchez seemed
to still be chafing from ill treatment.
"Is that really fair? Why is it always me?" he said,
trying to account for his response on past occasions when
Stewart singled him out for lampooning on `The Daily Show`, a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months