New York: The court hearing of former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn in a case related to sexual assault on a hotel maid has been postponed, reported said on Tuesday.
On Monday, Manhattan district attorney and lawyers for Strauss-Kahn agreed to postpone the next court hearing in the sexual assault case to Aug. 1 from July 18 .
Defence attorneys Benjamin Brafman and William Taylor said in a statement that they hope Manhattan district attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. will be ready to dismiss the case by then.
"We hope that during this time the district attorney will make the necessary decision to dismiss the case against Mr. Strauss-Kahn."
Meanwhile, prosecutors with the Manhattan district attorney's office said in a separate statement that the investigation was continuing and no decisions had been made.
Strauss-Kahn, accused of sexually assaulting a midtown Manhattan hotel housekeeper May 14, was freed without bail from house arrest July 1. Prosecutors acknowledged that there were significant credibility issues with the hotel housekeeper.
First Published: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 09:18