Ex-IMF chief`s pals offer bribe to maid`s family: Report
New York: A seven figure sum has been
offered by the pals of former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn
to the `impoverished` family of the chambermaid who was
allegedly sexually assaulted in a hotel here by him to hush up
the case, a media report claimed on Tuesday.
The maid, who is from Guinea, has family in the West
"They already talked with her family," a French
businesswoman with close ties to Strauss-Kahn and his family
told The New York Post.
"For sure, it`s going to end up on a quiet note."
It emerged on Monday that Strauss-Kahn`s sperm was
found on the maid`s dress.
The former IMF chief, who was indicted on seven counts
on Thursday, allegedly forced the maid at the Sofitel hotel in
Manhattan to perform oral sex.
He was taken into custody a few minutes before his Air
France flight departed for Paris.
Since the maid is out of reach, Strauss-Kahn`s people
had to reach out to the family in Guinea, a former French
colony, according to The Post.
"He`ll get out of it and will fly back to France.
He won`t spend time in jail. The woman will get a lot of
money," said the source, adding that a seven-figure sum has
The Post reported that her extended family lives in a
village that lacks paved roads, electricity and phone lines.
The average monthly income is USD 45. The maid lives
with her 15-year-old daughter in The Bronx. Her relatives in
NYC had been warned by prosecutors to avoid contact with
Strauss-Kahn left Rikers Island prison after paying
USD 6 million in bail. He has been put under house arrest and
he has to wear an electronic monitoring device.
Strauss-Kahn denies wrongdoing and is expected to
plead not guilty.
In an email to IMF staffers, Strauss-Kahn had expressed his frustration over his predicament.
"I wanted very much to be in touch with you,
personally and directly, to express my profound sadness and
frustration in having to leave under these circumstances,"
Strauss-Kahn wrote. "I deny in the strongest possible terms
the allegations which I now face," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing