Ex-NASA contractor arrested on plane to China
Norfolk: A Chinese national who worked at NASA`s Langley Research Center has been arrested on a plane bound for Beijing on charges of lying to federal agents.
Bo Jiang made his initial appearance on Tuesday in Norfolk federal court. It wasn`t immediately clear whether Jiang had an attorney.
US Rep Frank Wolf says Jiang wasn`t employed by NASA, but worked at the Hampton, Virginia facility for the National Institute of Aerospace.
An affidavit says Jiang was under investigation for possible violations of the Arms Control Export Act.
The affidavit says Jiang was arrested aboard a plane at Dulles International Airport on Saturday when he failed to disclose all of the electronics he was taking with him.
The affidavit says Jiang had previously taken a NASA laptop to China that contained sensitive information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report