Ex-NASA contractor arrested on plane to China
Norfolk: A Chinese national who worked at NASA`s Langley Research Center has been arrested on a plane bound for Beijing on charges of lying to federal agents.
Bo Jiang made his initial appearance on Tuesday in Norfolk federal court. It wasn`t immediately clear whether Jiang had an attorney.
US Rep Frank Wolf says Jiang wasn`t employed by NASA, but worked at the Hampton, Virginia facility for the National Institute of Aerospace.
An affidavit says Jiang was under investigation for possible violations of the Arms Control Export Act.
The affidavit says Jiang was arrested aboard a plane at Dulles International Airport on Saturday when he failed to disclose all of the electronics he was taking with him.
The affidavit says Jiang had previously taken a NASA laptop to China that contained sensitive information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal