Ex-NASA contractor arrested on plane to China
Norfolk: A Chinese national who worked at NASA`s Langley Research Center has been arrested on a plane bound for Beijing on charges of lying to federal agents.
Bo Jiang made his initial appearance on Tuesday in Norfolk federal court. It wasn`t immediately clear whether Jiang had an attorney.
US Rep Frank Wolf says Jiang wasn`t employed by NASA, but worked at the Hampton, Virginia facility for the National Institute of Aerospace.
An affidavit says Jiang was under investigation for possible violations of the Arms Control Export Act.
The affidavit says Jiang was arrested aboard a plane at Dulles International Airport on Saturday when he failed to disclose all of the electronics he was taking with him.
The affidavit says Jiang had previously taken a NASA laptop to China that contained sensitive information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam