Ex-NASA contractor arrested on plane to China
Norfolk: A Chinese national who worked at NASA`s Langley Research Center has been arrested on a plane bound for Beijing on charges of lying to federal agents.
Bo Jiang made his initial appearance on Tuesday in Norfolk federal court. It wasn`t immediately clear whether Jiang had an attorney.
US Rep Frank Wolf says Jiang wasn`t employed by NASA, but worked at the Hampton, Virginia facility for the National Institute of Aerospace.
An affidavit says Jiang was under investigation for possible violations of the Arms Control Export Act.
The affidavit says Jiang was arrested aboard a plane at Dulles International Airport on Saturday when he failed to disclose all of the electronics he was taking with him.
The affidavit says Jiang had previously taken a NASA laptop to China that contained sensitive information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon