Ex-Philippine president recovering after surgery
Manila: A spokeswoman says former Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo has been moved to a regular hospital room following a delicate cervical spine surgery last week.
Maite Defensor says the 64-year-old Arroyo was transferred to a room at a hospital in the Philippine capital, Manila, on Sunday from an intensive-care unit, where she was taken after Friday`s five-hour surgery.
Defensor says Arroyo needs about three weeks to recover from the surgery, which was done to correct damage to her cervical spine. Doctors have discouraged visitors to allow her to rest.
Arroyo has been hounded by allegations of massive corruption during her nine-year presidency, which ended last year. Opposition Senator Benigno Aquino III succeeded Arroyo, who has denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof