Ex-priest indicted for sex abuse in Italy
Rome: A politically connected former priest
has been indicted on charges he sexually molested 12 young men
and boys who were being treated at the drug rehabilitation
centre he founded in Italy.
85-year-old Pierino Gelmini has denied the charges as
Gelmini was one of Italy`s most recognised and
well-connected priests before he requested to be relieved of
his clerical status in 2008.
A year earlier, the first nine men came forward with
allegations that Gelmini sexually abused them while they were
residents at his Comunita Incontro rehab centre based in the
Umbrian town of Amelia.
Gelmini`s lawyer, Lanfranco Frezza, said today the first
hearing in the trial is set for March 29, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM