Ex-Romania PM who shot himself to have surgery
Bucharest: Romanian doctors said that the former prime minister who shot himself in the neck after an apparent suicide attempt will undergo surgery.
Adrian Nastase was hospitalised yesterday after he shot himself, hours after the country`s highest court ruled that he must serve a two-year prison sentence on corruption charges.
Plastic surgeon Ion Lascar said today that doctors will try to repair Nastase`s bullet wounds, but did not say when.
Former president Ion Iliescu, a close ally, said that police`s attempt to execute the court order and arrest Nastase was "inhumane”.
He said Nastase, who will turn 62 on Friday, considered himself innocent.
Senior opposition member, Vasile Blaga, called the shooting "shocking" and "a tragedy”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Namotel Acache Din: Booking for worlds cheapest android smartphone at Rs 99 closes today
- Indian steps addressed key concerns of US nuclear industry
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff: Sources
- Militants kill civilian in Kashmir
- Indian worker tells Australia court his pro-ISIS post was 'sarcastic'