Ex-Romania PM who shot himself to have surgery
Bucharest: Romanian doctors said that the former prime minister who shot himself in the neck after an apparent suicide attempt will undergo surgery.
Adrian Nastase was hospitalised yesterday after he shot himself, hours after the country`s highest court ruled that he must serve a two-year prison sentence on corruption charges.
Plastic surgeon Ion Lascar said today that doctors will try to repair Nastase`s bullet wounds, but did not say when.
Former president Ion Iliescu, a close ally, said that police`s attempt to execute the court order and arrest Nastase was "inhumane”.
He said Nastase, who will turn 62 on Friday, considered himself innocent.
Senior opposition member, Vasile Blaga, called the shooting "shocking" and "a tragedy”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr