Ex-Romania PM who shot himself to have surgery
Bucharest: Romanian doctors said that the former prime minister who shot himself in the neck after an apparent suicide attempt will undergo surgery.
Adrian Nastase was hospitalised yesterday after he shot himself, hours after the country`s highest court ruled that he must serve a two-year prison sentence on corruption charges.
Plastic surgeon Ion Lascar said today that doctors will try to repair Nastase`s bullet wounds, but did not say when.
Former president Ion Iliescu, a close ally, said that police`s attempt to execute the court order and arrest Nastase was "inhumane”.
He said Nastase, who will turn 62 on Friday, considered himself innocent.
Senior opposition member, Vasile Blaga, called the shooting "shocking" and "a tragedy”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details