Ex-Romania PM who shot himself to have surgery
Bucharest: Romanian doctors said that the former prime minister who shot himself in the neck after an apparent suicide attempt will undergo surgery.
Adrian Nastase was hospitalised yesterday after he shot himself, hours after the country`s highest court ruled that he must serve a two-year prison sentence on corruption charges.
Plastic surgeon Ion Lascar said today that doctors will try to repair Nastase`s bullet wounds, but did not say when.
Former president Ion Iliescu, a close ally, said that police`s attempt to execute the court order and arrest Nastase was "inhumane”.
He said Nastase, who will turn 62 on Friday, considered himself innocent.
Senior opposition member, Vasile Blaga, called the shooting "shocking" and "a tragedy”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!