Ex-Russian cop suspected of raping, killing 25 women
Moscow: A Siberian court has sanctioned detention of a former police officer suspected to have sexually assaulted and killed 25 women.
The 48-year-old man has been formally accused of murdering three women. The other deaths, which occurred between 1994 and 2000, are currently being investigated, an Angarsk city court said in a press release.
The man, who resigned from the police force in 1998, was held in Vladivostok city.
The women were aged between 19 and 28, and most of them were believed to be drunk at the time he sexually assaulted and killed them, said police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference