Ex-Russian cop suspected of raping, killing 25 women
Moscow: A Siberian court has sanctioned detention of a former police officer suspected to have sexually assaulted and killed 25 women.
The 48-year-old man has been formally accused of murdering three women. The other deaths, which occurred between 1994 and 2000, are currently being investigated, an Angarsk city court said in a press release.
The man, who resigned from the police force in 1998, was held in Vladivostok city.
The women were aged between 19 and 28, and most of them were believed to be drunk at the time he sexually assaulted and killed them, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’