Ex-SAS sniper claiming Di was murdered `conned ex-in laws of 265k pounds`
London: The former SAS sniper, called Soldier N, who had claimed that Princess Diana was `assassinated` by the elite regiment, has now been accused of cheating his former wife`s parents of 256,000 pounds.
His former in-laws made the claim in an eight-page letter that they sent to Soldier N`s commanding officer and to Dyfed Powys Police , the Daily Star reported.
In the letter, the couple, who are in their 70s, alleged that Soldier N had convinced them to remortgage their Wales property in 2009 and then give him the cash so he could eventually buy it in due course, but he failed to do so.
They claimed that Soldier N had instead used the money to pay off his debts.
The old couple had to move to a rented accommodation after their small holding was repossessed by the bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital