Ex-US guard in China pleads guilty in secrets case
Washington: A former security guard at a US consulate in China has pleaded guilty to one count of trying to pass national defence information to the Chinese government.
At a hearing in federal court, Bryan Underwood admitted that the case against him as laid out by prosecutors in court papers was correct. Prosecutors allege that Underwood wrote a letter expressing interest in initiating a business arrangement with Chinese officials and took photographs of his worksite to pass on.
The charge he pleaded guilty to carries a sentence of up to life in prison. Under federal sentencing guidelines, Underwood likely will be sentenced to serve between 15 and 20 years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan