Ex-US guard sentenced to 9 years in prison
Washington: A former US security guard has been sentenced to nine years in prison for trying to sell photos and other secret information to China`s Ministry of State Security, about half what prosecutors had requested.
US District Court Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle sentenced Bryan Underwood on Tuesday in a case she called "half-baked treason" by a person who was not mentally stable.
Last year, Underwood pleaded guilty to attempting to communicate national defense information to a foreign government.
The Justice Department says Underwood took photographs of restricted areas at the new US consulate in Guangzhou and planned to use them to help China eavesdrop on US officials.
Underwood wrote a letter expressing his desire to work for the China ministry, but was turned away when he attempted to deliver it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof