Ex-US president Bush safe after security scare
Dallas: Former US president George W Bush and his wife Laura Bush were reported to be safe and sound after police detained a man near their home on Wednesday night.
According to local news reports, a man was caught erratically driving a muscle car in the upscale Preston Hollow neighbourhood.
According to Fox News, as many as 13 police cars responded to what was then listed as an "executive threat" at around 8:15 pm Central Time, when the man apparently accidentally-drove onto the President’s property.
Reports suggest the police K-9 unit was also called to the scene; whether the suspect attempted to flee is unclear, but the President and his family apparently faced no actual threat.
Bush`s spokesman David Sherzer said the former US First Couple were OK.
“They appreciate the work of the United States Secret Service and Dallas Police Department in responding to the incident," Sherzer added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview