Ex-US President George H.W. Bush may be discharged on Monday
Houston: After spending more than a month in a hospital here, former US President George H.W. Bush may be discharged on Monday.
"We are hopeful that he can be discharged this coming week, but we`re still taking everything one day at a time," Bush`s spokesman Jim McGrath said.
The statement came after 88-year-old Bush`s son and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said on Saturday that his father was expected to be released Monday, CNN quoted TCPalm.Com.
The 41st president (1989-93) was hospitalised on November 23 for bronchitis and remained there while doctors monitored a lingering cough. He has also suffered from "a stubborn fever," McGrath said last week.
While in the hospital, Bush, has cheered on the Texas A&M and the Houston Texans football teams to victories and enjoyed a special performance by the Oak Ridge Boys via telephone. His exchanges with doctors and nurses have included singing, McGrath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars