Ex-US President George H.W. Bush may be discharged on Monday
Houston: After spending more than a month in a hospital here, former US President George H.W. Bush may be discharged on Monday.
"We are hopeful that he can be discharged this coming week, but we`re still taking everything one day at a time," Bush`s spokesman Jim McGrath said.
The statement came after 88-year-old Bush`s son and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said on Saturday that his father was expected to be released Monday, CNN quoted TCPalm.Com.
The 41st president (1989-93) was hospitalised on November 23 for bronchitis and remained there while doctors monitored a lingering cough. He has also suffered from "a stubborn fever," McGrath said last week.
While in the hospital, Bush, has cheered on the Texas A&M and the Houston Texans football teams to victories and enjoyed a special performance by the Oak Ridge Boys via telephone. His exchanges with doctors and nurses have included singing, McGrath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Abhishek Bachchan's thoughts about getting inked- Know what the actor feels
- Why Priyanka Gandhi should lead Congress? – Explained by those in opposition
- Govt rejects ISIS video threat, says patriotism brimming in every Indian Muslim
- Loss of Y chromosomes ups Alzheimer's risk in men
- Ban on ABVP: BJP hints at action against Jammu University vice-chancellor