Ex-US President George H.W. Bush may be discharged on Monday
Houston: After spending more than a month in a hospital here, former US President George H.W. Bush may be discharged on Monday.
"We are hopeful that he can be discharged this coming week, but we`re still taking everything one day at a time," Bush`s spokesman Jim McGrath said.
The statement came after 88-year-old Bush`s son and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said on Saturday that his father was expected to be released Monday, CNN quoted TCPalm.Com.
The 41st president (1989-93) was hospitalised on November 23 for bronchitis and remained there while doctors monitored a lingering cough. He has also suffered from "a stubborn fever," McGrath said last week.
While in the hospital, Bush, has cheered on the Texas A&M and the Houston Texans football teams to victories and enjoyed a special performance by the Oak Ridge Boys via telephone. His exchanges with doctors and nurses have included singing, McGrath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH