Ex-US President George H.W. Bush may be discharged on Monday
Houston: After spending more than a month in a hospital here, former US President George H.W. Bush may be discharged on Monday.
"We are hopeful that he can be discharged this coming week, but we`re still taking everything one day at a time," Bush`s spokesman Jim McGrath said.
The statement came after 88-year-old Bush`s son and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said on Saturday that his father was expected to be released Monday, CNN quoted TCPalm.Com.
The 41st president (1989-93) was hospitalised on November 23 for bronchitis and remained there while doctors monitored a lingering cough. He has also suffered from "a stubborn fever," McGrath said last week.
While in the hospital, Bush, has cheered on the Texas A&M and the Houston Texans football teams to victories and enjoyed a special performance by the Oak Ridge Boys via telephone. His exchanges with doctors and nurses have included singing, McGrath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out