Ex-US president George HW Bush out of ICU
Houston: After a week in intensive care in a Houston hospital, former US President George HW Bush was moved out from the ICU, as his condition continued to improve, a spokesman said.
The 88 year old Bush was admitted in the Methodist Hospital in Houston on Nov 23 for bronchitis treatment. He was moved to intensive care on Dec. 23 after he developed a fever.
His treatment will continue at the same hospital but he was shifted from the ICU to a regular patient room, his family spokesperson Jim McGrath said Saturday.
"President Bush`s condition has improved… The Bushes thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes," his family spokesperson said.
He said he was alert and in good spirits and was even doing some singing.
McGrath said Saturday morning that future updates on Bush`s condition would be made as warranted.
Bush, the 41st president, is the country`s oldest living former president by a few months.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!