Ex-US president George HW Bush out of ICU
Houston: After a week in intensive care in a Houston hospital, former US President George HW Bush was moved out from the ICU, as his condition continued to improve, a spokesman said.
The 88 year old Bush was admitted in the Methodist Hospital in Houston on Nov 23 for bronchitis treatment. He was moved to intensive care on Dec. 23 after he developed a fever.
His treatment will continue at the same hospital but he was shifted from the ICU to a regular patient room, his family spokesperson Jim McGrath said Saturday.
"President Bush`s condition has improved… The Bushes thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes," his family spokesperson said.
He said he was alert and in good spirits and was even doing some singing.
McGrath said Saturday morning that future updates on Bush`s condition would be made as warranted.
Bush, the 41st president, is the country`s oldest living former president by a few months.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof