Ex-US president George HW Bush out of ICU
Houston: After a week in intensive care in a Houston hospital, former US President George HW Bush was moved out from the ICU, as his condition continued to improve, a spokesman said.
The 88 year old Bush was admitted in the Methodist Hospital in Houston on Nov 23 for bronchitis treatment. He was moved to intensive care on Dec. 23 after he developed a fever.
His treatment will continue at the same hospital but he was shifted from the ICU to a regular patient room, his family spokesperson Jim McGrath said Saturday.
"President Bush`s condition has improved… The Bushes thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes," his family spokesperson said.
He said he was alert and in good spirits and was even doing some singing.
McGrath said Saturday morning that future updates on Bush`s condition would be made as warranted.
Bush, the 41st president, is the country`s oldest living former president by a few months.
With Agency Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview