Ex-US president George HW Bush out of ICU
Houston: After a week in intensive care in a Houston hospital, former US President George HW Bush was moved out from the ICU, as his condition continued to improve, a spokesman said.
The 88 year old Bush was admitted in the Methodist Hospital in Houston on Nov 23 for bronchitis treatment. He was moved to intensive care on Dec. 23 after he developed a fever.
His treatment will continue at the same hospital but he was shifted from the ICU to a regular patient room, his family spokesperson Jim McGrath said Saturday.
"President Bush`s condition has improved… The Bushes thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes," his family spokesperson said.
He said he was alert and in good spirits and was even doing some singing.
McGrath said Saturday morning that future updates on Bush`s condition would be made as warranted.
Bush, the 41st president, is the country`s oldest living former president by a few months.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS