Ex-US president George HW Bush out of ICU
Houston: After a week in intensive care in a Houston hospital, former US President George HW Bush was moved out from the ICU, as his condition continued to improve, a spokesman said.
The 88 year old Bush was admitted in the Methodist Hospital in Houston on Nov 23 for bronchitis treatment. He was moved to intensive care on Dec. 23 after he developed a fever.
His treatment will continue at the same hospital but he was shifted from the ICU to a regular patient room, his family spokesperson Jim McGrath said Saturday.
"President Bush`s condition has improved… The Bushes thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes," his family spokesperson said.
He said he was alert and in good spirits and was even doing some singing.
McGrath said Saturday morning that future updates on Bush`s condition would be made as warranted.
Bush, the 41st president, is the country`s oldest living former president by a few months.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda