Experts called in to defuse WWII bomb in Germany
Berlin: More than 10,000 people have been evacuated from a residential neighborhood in the German city of Potsdam after the discovery of an unexploded 250 kilogram bomb from World War II in the yard of a house.
It was not immediately clear how long residents would have to stay away from the area after experts were brought in early today to defuse the bomb.
Even almost 70 years after the end of the war, there are still estimated to be tens of thousands of unexploded bombs lying underground in Germany.
In August, authorities in Munich were unable to defuse a 250 kg bomb and had to detonate it in place. The explosion blew out the windows of many nearby buildings and caused several fires.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days