Explosion, gunfire rock northern Nigeria`s Kano
Kano: A powerful blast followed by sustained gunfire shook a police station in Nigeria`s northern city of Kano on Monday, police and witnesses said, in the latest assault by suspected Islamist militants on the country`s second biggest urban centre.
A reporter heard the blast and the gunfire, which was still under way after more than an hour. Local police chief Ibrahim Idris confirmed that gunmen had attacked a police station in the Sharada industrial area but had no further details.
Kano was the scene of the deadliest attack by the Islamist sect Boko Haram, in which 186 people were killed last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka