Explosion in Chinese school, 1 killed
Beijing: One junior high school student was killed and six others injured after a boiler exploded at a school in China`s northern Shanxi province.
A new steam boiler exploded yesterday at a junior high school in Linyi county, killing a 14-year-old girl, an official with the county`s Communist Party committee said.
Five other students and a worker who was operating the boiler sustained injuries but are currently in stable conditions, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
The blast took place when the students came to get drinking water after a PE lesson on the playground at the Chongxiangxi Junior High School.
The building that housed the boiler was razed to the ground in the impact of the explosion.
An initial investigation found that the container was dry at the time of the accident, which is believed to have caused the explosion.
Authorities blamed the tragedy on possible human error as the worker, who was asked to temporarily fill in for a licensed boiler worker, was untrained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery