Explosion in Chinese school, 1 killed
Beijing: One junior high school student was killed and six others injured after a boiler exploded at a school in China`s northern Shanxi province.
A new steam boiler exploded yesterday at a junior high school in Linyi county, killing a 14-year-old girl, an official with the county`s Communist Party committee said.
Five other students and a worker who was operating the boiler sustained injuries but are currently in stable conditions, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
The blast took place when the students came to get drinking water after a PE lesson on the playground at the Chongxiangxi Junior High School.
The building that housed the boiler was razed to the ground in the impact of the explosion.
An initial investigation found that the container was dry at the time of the accident, which is believed to have caused the explosion.
Authorities blamed the tragedy on possible human error as the worker, who was asked to temporarily fill in for a licensed boiler worker, was untrained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders