Explosion in Chinese school, 1 killed
Beijing: One junior high school student was killed and six others injured after a boiler exploded at a school in China`s northern Shanxi province.
A new steam boiler exploded yesterday at a junior high school in Linyi county, killing a 14-year-old girl, an official with the county`s Communist Party committee said.
Five other students and a worker who was operating the boiler sustained injuries but are currently in stable conditions, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
The blast took place when the students came to get drinking water after a PE lesson on the playground at the Chongxiangxi Junior High School.
The building that housed the boiler was razed to the ground in the impact of the explosion.
An initial investigation found that the container was dry at the time of the accident, which is believed to have caused the explosion.
Authorities blamed the tragedy on possible human error as the worker, who was asked to temporarily fill in for a licensed boiler worker, was untrained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof