Explosion in Chinese school, 1 killed
Beijing: One junior high school student was killed and six others injured after a boiler exploded at a school in China`s northern Shanxi province.
A new steam boiler exploded yesterday at a junior high school in Linyi county, killing a 14-year-old girl, an official with the county`s Communist Party committee said.
Five other students and a worker who was operating the boiler sustained injuries but are currently in stable conditions, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
The blast took place when the students came to get drinking water after a PE lesson on the playground at the Chongxiangxi Junior High School.
The building that housed the boiler was razed to the ground in the impact of the explosion.
An initial investigation found that the container was dry at the time of the accident, which is believed to have caused the explosion.
Authorities blamed the tragedy on possible human error as the worker, who was asked to temporarily fill in for a licensed boiler worker, was untrained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights