Explosion in Istanbul metro station
Istanbul: An explosion was heard in a metro station here in Turkey`s largest city late Saturday, a media report said.
The explosion was heard in Istanbul`s Taksim Square metro station and many people were seen rushing out, even as thick smoke came out from inside the station, a news agency quoted a local source as saying.
Though there has been no official report so far on the incident, another eyewitness said the smoke was due to some garbage catching fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters