Explosion in Istanbul metro station
Istanbul: An explosion was heard in a metro station here in Turkey`s largest city late Saturday, a media report said.
The explosion was heard in Istanbul`s Taksim Square metro station and many people were seen rushing out, even as thick smoke came out from inside the station, a news agency quoted a local source as saying.
Though there has been no official report so far on the incident, another eyewitness said the smoke was due to some garbage catching fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA