Explosion in Syrian city of Homs kills 40: Report
Beirut: Forty people were killed and at least 120 people were wounded in an explosion at a weapons cache in the central Syrian city of Homs on Thursday, a group opposed to President Bashar al-Assad said.
The explosion occurred in the south-eastern district of Wadi al-Dhahab, which the Army has taken over, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. The group has a network of sources in the opposition and state security forces.
The Observatory said the casualties were soldiers and civilians and that some of the wounded were in a critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban