Explosion kills one in Nigeria’s Lagos
Abuja: An explosion in Nigeria`s commercial hub of Lagos killed a man and injured another on Monday sparking fears of violence spreading to the south of the country.
The blast that occurred under a bridge, killed a sand dredger while a policeman was injured.
Police at the scene of the incident believed the bomb to be battery-operated or an explosive.
It is yet to be known if the dead victim was the target of the attack or if the bomb was planted at random.
The north of Nigeria has been attacked several times by radical Islamic group Boko Haram which has vowed to establish an Islamic caliphate in the country since 2009.
Boko Haram has engaged in several suicide bombings, gunfights and drive-by shootings since it commenced the insurgency and thousands have lost their lives.
However, their activities have been concentrated in the Muslim-dominated northern part of the country with little threat to the south which is mostly dominated by Christians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog