Explosion kills one in Nigeria’s Lagos
Abuja: An explosion in Nigeria`s commercial hub of Lagos killed a man and injured another on Monday sparking fears of violence spreading to the south of the country.
The blast that occurred under a bridge, killed a sand dredger while a policeman was injured.
Police at the scene of the incident believed the bomb to be battery-operated or an explosive.
It is yet to be known if the dead victim was the target of the attack or if the bomb was planted at random.
The north of Nigeria has been attacked several times by radical Islamic group Boko Haram which has vowed to establish an Islamic caliphate in the country since 2009.
Boko Haram has engaged in several suicide bombings, gunfights and drive-by shootings since it commenced the insurgency and thousands have lost their lives.
However, their activities have been concentrated in the Muslim-dominated northern part of the country with little threat to the south which is mostly dominated by Christians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown