Explosion kills one in Nigeria’s Lagos
Abuja: An explosion in Nigeria`s commercial hub of Lagos killed a man and injured another on Monday sparking fears of violence spreading to the south of the country.
The blast that occurred under a bridge, killed a sand dredger while a policeman was injured.
Police at the scene of the incident believed the bomb to be battery-operated or an explosive.
It is yet to be known if the dead victim was the target of the attack or if the bomb was planted at random.
The north of Nigeria has been attacked several times by radical Islamic group Boko Haram which has vowed to establish an Islamic caliphate in the country since 2009.
Boko Haram has engaged in several suicide bombings, gunfights and drive-by shootings since it commenced the insurgency and thousands have lost their lives.
However, their activities have been concentrated in the Muslim-dominated northern part of the country with little threat to the south which is mostly dominated by Christians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...