Explosion kills one in Nigeria’s Lagos
Abuja: An explosion in Nigeria`s commercial hub of Lagos killed a man and injured another on Monday sparking fears of violence spreading to the south of the country.
The blast that occurred under a bridge, killed a sand dredger while a policeman was injured.
Police at the scene of the incident believed the bomb to be battery-operated or an explosive.
It is yet to be known if the dead victim was the target of the attack or if the bomb was planted at random.
The north of Nigeria has been attacked several times by radical Islamic group Boko Haram which has vowed to establish an Islamic caliphate in the country since 2009.
Boko Haram has engaged in several suicide bombings, gunfights and drive-by shootings since it commenced the insurgency and thousands have lost their lives.
However, their activities have been concentrated in the Muslim-dominated northern part of the country with little threat to the south which is mostly dominated by Christians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?