Explosion kills police officer in northern Nigeria
Abuja: A police officer was killed and
many others injured when a bomb explosion on Friday rocked
northern Nigerian town of Maiduguri.
"The bomb blast occurred around 9:30pm (local time)
and killed an inspector and injured many others, who are
currently receiving treatment at a hospital," said Mike
Zuokumor, the police head in Borno state.
The explosion took place a day after an Islamic
cleric was killed allegedly by a radical Islamic sect, Boko
Haram in the same town.
Boko Haram, a sect which preaches against western
education was identified as the perpetrators of the act which
comes just as the oil-rich African country witnessed bloody
post-election riots that left not less than 150 people killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere