Explosion kills police officer in northern Nigeria
Abuja: A police officer was killed and
many others injured when a bomb explosion on Friday rocked
northern Nigerian town of Maiduguri.
"The bomb blast occurred around 9:30pm (local time)
and killed an inspector and injured many others, who are
currently receiving treatment at a hospital," said Mike
Zuokumor, the police head in Borno state.
The explosion took place a day after an Islamic
cleric was killed allegedly by a radical Islamic sect, Boko
Haram in the same town.
Boko Haram, a sect which preaches against western
education was identified as the perpetrators of the act which
comes just as the oil-rich African country witnessed bloody
post-election riots that left not less than 150 people killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents