Explosion kills police officer in northern Nigeria
Abuja: A police officer was killed and
many others injured when a bomb explosion on Friday rocked
northern Nigerian town of Maiduguri.
"The bomb blast occurred around 9:30pm (local time)
and killed an inspector and injured many others, who are
currently receiving treatment at a hospital," said Mike
Zuokumor, the police head in Borno state.
The explosion took place a day after an Islamic
cleric was killed allegedly by a radical Islamic sect, Boko
Haram in the same town.
Boko Haram, a sect which preaches against western
education was identified as the perpetrators of the act which
comes just as the oil-rich African country witnessed bloody
post-election riots that left not less than 150 people killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing