Explosions hit 3 gas pipelines in Iran, halt flow
Tehran: Iran`s semi-official Mehr
News Agency says three explosions have hit gas pipelines near
the country`s holy city of Qom, in the same area where
simultaneous blasts took place two months ago.
The lines carry gas from Iran`s gas refineries in the
south to the country`s northwest.
The report says today`s explosions cut the gas flow
through those lines but power plants switched to oil for
Mehr says an investigation is under way as to what
caused the blasts.
In February, officials said the blasts were not caused
by technical failures but did not say if they were acts of
Iran`s oil and gas sector has been hit by an
increasing number of attacks recently but authorities have
provided no explanation for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users