Explosions hit 3 gas pipelines in Iran, halt flow
Tehran: Iran`s semi-official Mehr
News Agency says three explosions have hit gas pipelines near
the country`s holy city of Qom, in the same area where
simultaneous blasts took place two months ago.
The lines carry gas from Iran`s gas refineries in the
south to the country`s northwest.
The report says today`s explosions cut the gas flow
through those lines but power plants switched to oil for
Mehr says an investigation is under way as to what
caused the blasts.
In February, officials said the blasts were not caused
by technical failures but did not say if they were acts of
Iran`s oil and gas sector has been hit by an
increasing number of attacks recently but authorities have
provided no explanation for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune