Explosions hit 3 gas pipelines in Iran, halt flow
Tehran: Iran`s semi-official Mehr
News Agency says three explosions have hit gas pipelines near
the country`s holy city of Qom, in the same area where
simultaneous blasts took place two months ago.
The lines carry gas from Iran`s gas refineries in the
south to the country`s northwest.
The report says today`s explosions cut the gas flow
through those lines but power plants switched to oil for
Mehr says an investigation is under way as to what
caused the blasts.
In February, officials said the blasts were not caused
by technical failures but did not say if they were acts of
Iran`s oil and gas sector has been hit by an
increasing number of attacks recently but authorities have
provided no explanation for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’