Explosions kill 10 in Ankara factories
Ankara: Two powerful explosions several hours
apart killed 10 people in an industrial zone in the Turkish
capital, officials said.
The first explosion killed six people and destroyed two
floors of a factory that produced generators in Ankara`s
industrial suburb of Ostim, Interior Minister Besir Atalay
Officials said the most likely cause of the blast was a
gas leak. The company employed around 100 people.
Rescue teams with sniffer dogs were still searching the
rubble for survivors when a second explosion went off in a
neighbouring factory making flammable paint products.
Four workers were killed and eight others injured,
Ankara`s regional governor Alaaddin Yuksel said.
Local television reports said several other workers were
trapped in the rubble, and rescue workers using sniffer dogs
to search the rubble as darkness fell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price