Explosions kill 10 in Ankara factories
Ankara: Two powerful explosions several hours
apart killed 10 people in an industrial zone in the Turkish
capital, officials said.
The first explosion killed six people and destroyed two
floors of a factory that produced generators in Ankara`s
industrial suburb of Ostim, Interior Minister Besir Atalay
Officials said the most likely cause of the blast was a
gas leak. The company employed around 100 people.
Rescue teams with sniffer dogs were still searching the
rubble for survivors when a second explosion went off in a
neighbouring factory making flammable paint products.
Four workers were killed and eight others injured,
Ankara`s regional governor Alaaddin Yuksel said.
Local television reports said several other workers were
trapped in the rubble, and rescue workers using sniffer dogs
to search the rubble as darkness fell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan